Surefire Sonic Defenders EP5 Maxsfr-ep5-bk-s
For best fit, click on the small Sizing Chart above.
Sonic Defenders Max are available in clear, black, or orange and are sold as a single left/right set. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case and includes a polymer lanyard.
*For hearing protection with the ability to hear lower-level sounds and conversations, use filtered EP3 Sonic Defenders or EP4 Sonic Defenders.
- "Full-block" design provides 26dB Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) to protect against potentially harmful noise
- Soft, adjustable, triple-flanged stems provide secure seals in ear canals and all-day comfort
- Made from hypoallergenic medical-grade polymer that's soft, comfortable, and durable
- Patented EarLock® retention rings utilize seven contact points to lock earpieces in place and fit the same way every time
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using supplemental hearing muffs
- 26" polymer lanyard included
- Available in clear, black, or orange
- SAScott A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Gender MaleUsed For MotorcyclingRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoThe answer I was looking for
On a motorbike, these are what I was looking for.
For the EP5 plugs, I forget they're there. They do a great job hushing the wind noise. Below 100km/h, wind is barely a whisper. Higher than that, the wind can be heard, but it's not loud. I can hear music from the helmet's speakers far better too by turning up the volume a bit. For the geeks, it's hugely improved signal to noise. All with volume that doesn't hurt the ears.
The way the EP5 sit in the ears, once they're in, they stay put. Very comfy. Do the job. When these wear out, I'll be getting them again and again.
Tried the cheap roll up foam plugs. After a couple of hours they get very uncomfortable. I have small ears, and with the foam always wanting to expand, the pressure can get distracting over time, almost painful.
Tried the silicon plugs from a chemist. They also did a great job, but they only come in 1 size, I have small ears, so again, uncomfortable. Then there's taking off a helmet, the plugs get pressed further into the ear by the movement. Awful.ProtectionRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5ComfortRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- JAJames Adam-De-Villiers (.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34Gender MaleRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agogreat
gotten these many times great type of ear plugs and quick delivery.ProtectionRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5ComfortRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- WMWillem-Jan M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 25 - 34Gender MaleUsed For MotorcyclingRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoGreat for motorbike helmets
I got these because my motorbike helmet is quite noisy and normal plugs fall out. These are great! They don't shift when putting my helmet on and block the noise well.ProtectionRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5ComfortRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- FFergusVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 18 - 24Gender MaleUsed For MotorcyclingRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoGood for motorcycles
Got it for motorcycle riding, fits within my helmet without coming loose and blocks out noise well. Definitely better than disposable foam plugs, although I can't compare them to other silicone plugs.
The stem could be a little shorter, but my ears might just be a little shallow. Still comfortable though.ProtectionRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5ComfortRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- DADaniel A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoGreat product
Needed a conservative set of hearing protection and have been very happy with these so far. Great protection on the shooting range and no bulky ear muffs. Love them