Our standard size ear plugs will most likely fit you best if you have comfortably used ear plugs before, or, if your music ear buds fit easily and comfortably. Ear canal sizes vary widely but our universal fit standard size comfortably fits ~80% of users. Our petite size plugs may fit you best if you have had experiences where ear plugs won’t stay in your ear, or, your music ear buds become uncomfortable over time. You may have also been told by an audiologist that you have smaller ear canals.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
The most important aspect of wearing EarPeace earplugs properly is to position the tab so you can easily and safely insert and remove the plug. Here’s how:
- Pinch silicone pull-tab between index finger and thumb as illustrated, making sure the tab is on top.
- It is critical to pinch and hold the pull-tab as you insert the plug. This will position the pull-tab so that you can easily remove the plug from your ear.
- Reach over head with opposite hand and gently pull up and back on outer ear - this straightens the ear canal. Insert the earplug until comfortably snug, using your thumb to gently apply pressure against the plastic filer and guide the plug. Wiggling the plug back and forth a little will help.
DO NOT release the tab until you have successfully positioned the plug in ear
DO NOT push the plug further into ear after releasing the tab.
- Pulling up on the ear straightens the ear canal and is necessary to a proper fit. Without this step EarPeace earplugs will not provide maximum protection.
- Be gentle and do not over-insert.
- Clean after use with damp cloth and re-use.
HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE ON CORRECTLY?
Everyone’s ears are a little different and it will take some practice putting EarPeace on and taking it off to get it just right. We encourage you to try them on before going out and getting comfortable with how they feel.
- EarPeace are designed to fit snugly in your ear and virtually disappear. With a little practice, you’ll feel the point at which EarPeace are snug and comfortable.
- It's safe to insert them deep in the ear canal, but only when following the directions carefully and positioning the pull-tab properly so you can get them out.
- DO NOT over insert EarPeace and not push the earplugs further into the ear canal after releasing the pull-tab.
EarPeace is easy to clean and maintain. Wipe the earplugs off with a damp cloth (e.g. wash cloth) each time you wear them. Keep them stored in the aluminum case. If they become particularly dirty you can wash them in warm soapy water - however - remove the plastic attenuation filter before submerging the plug in water. Reinsert the filter only after the plug has dried thoroughly. The earplugs should be replaced at any sign of wear and tear.
EarPeace earplugs are designed to provide comfortable, discrete hearing protection for situations like live music, nightclubs, sports arenas, the movies and more. However, the effectiveness of EarPeace earplugs depends on the circumstances of use and will also vary depending on factors such as the size of the user’s ear canal. Please do not use EarPeace if you are going to be in situations that require a greater degree of protection than EarPeace can afford. Please do not use EarPeace if you feel like your ears simply won’t accommodate a good fit. EarPeace is not intended to be used in situations where there is intense impulse noise such as with firearms or heavy machinery like jack hammers. Noise induced hearing damage is a factor of exposure time and decibel level. Depending on the decibel level, hearing damage may occur even if EarPeace musicians earplugs are used correctly. If you can not remove the earplug or it has damaged the ear, please seek immediate assistance of an ENT physician.
We outfitted the best musicians ear plugs with medium, high and max attenuation filters. The medium and high filters are high fidelity, evenly lowering the sound pressure across frequencies. The max filter is a total block filter for when you need to really turn down the volume. Each filter set performs differently to fit your specific needs.
Medium Protection (CLEAR) = SNR 17 / NRR 11. These filters are suitable for most loud events. Rehearsals, dance events, movies are all examples.
High Protection (RED) = SNR 20 / NRR 14. These filters are perfect for your live concerts and festivals. When you are close to the stacks you need extra protection.
Max Protection (BLACK) = SNR 26 / NRR 19. These filters are total block for when you need real quiet. Perfect for working the stage or sleeping after the show.
All EarPeace musicians earplugs are tested at Michael Associates the foremost audio testing facility in the United States located at Penn State. Testing is done on dozens of people using multiple sets of plugs. Once the data is collected there are two methods for calculating the approximate level of protection provided - the SNR (single number rating used in Europe) and the NRR (Noise Reduction Rating used in the United States). Both methods give a single digit approximation of protection for all users. The difference between the methods is in how they account for variations in people's experience. Some people may get more or less protection because they used the plugs differently or have different shaped ear canals, for example. The NRR is always a lower number than the SNR because it assumes a great amount of variance in the way people use ear plugs and thus the protection they ultimately achieve.