3M Peltor VOX Adapter for Select Motorola HeadsetsFL5230
3M™ PELTOR™ FL5000 Series Push-to-Talk (PTT) Radio Adapters allow 3M™ PELTOR™ MT Series Headsets to be used with a variety of industrial two-way radios. These radio Adapters have been designed to be intrinsically safe for use in environments where flammable gases may be present.
3M™ Peltor™ FL5000 Series Push-to-Talk (PTT) Radio Adaptors enable 3M Peltor MT Series Headsets to be used with industrial 2-way portable radios. Using this adaptor in combination with the headset offers a dual benefit of mitigating loud sounds that could be harmful to hearing while allowing workers to communicate with one another. The 2-way radio allows workers to discuss projects, give on-the-job instructions and verbally warn co-workers about safety hazards.
The intrinsically safe design of this adaptor allows for use in environments where flammable gases may be present. Industries such as oil/gas and chemical are examples. According to the Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society (ISA), intrinsically safe is defined as "equipment and wiring which is incapable of releasing sufficient electrical or thermal energy under normal or abnormal conditions to cause ignition of a specific hazardous atmospheric mixture in its most easily ignited concentration."
3M™ Peltor™ Push-to-Talk Radio Adapters are designed for use with either the right or left hand. A clip on the backside can be rotated 360°. Adaptor may be either belt or shoulder mounted based on each worker's preference. Accessory comes with a curly cable download with a radio specific connector.
- Use 3M™ PELTOR™ Push-To-Talk (PTT) Adapters to optimize the placement of the PTT button for convenient activation
- Intrinsically safe design for use in environments with flammable gases, such as the oil/gas and chemical industries
- For use with 3M™ PELTOR™ MT Series Intrinsically Safe Headsets
- Ambidextrous design allows for easy use by either the right or left hand
- Mounting clip can be rotated 360 degrees
- Design allows for either belt or shoulder mounting
- Button profile and tactile feedback suitable for gloved hands
- Optional shroud protects PTT button from accidental activation, for instance when laying in the prone position
- NEXUS® TP-120 connection serves as a break-away connector for removal in emergency situations
- Curly cable downlead with radio specific connector. To determine the appropriate PTT adapter for your two-way radio, please visit 3M.com/PeltorAdapters